January 2009 - Steve and I travelled to California for two hunting conventions. We also had the opportunity to visit with many of our hunting friends (thank you to the many that opened up their home to us). It was a fantastic two weeks and so nice to get away.
February 2009 - We celebrated our second anniversary. We spent a weekend in Abbotsford with my parents and brother and wife, where we went skiing at Whistler. After arriving back into Edmonton, we drove to Banff and spent a delightful few nights at a beautiful bed and breakfast.
March 2009 - Our RTM home was moved out to our land. This was such an exciting day for us! Things started to become very real once the house was on top of our basement.
April - We celebrated Easter with both sides of our family. Our Lloyd house was also back up on the market and we were frustrated as it didn't seem like we were having any success.
May - I took a weekend and flew out to Abbotsford to spend time with my bff Sarah Kaminski. Sarah and her husband are currently in Africa (have been since beginning of September), so this was a last weekend for just the two of us to hang out. I miss her but she is blessing many and spreading God's love to many over there!
June - We sold our house!! YEAH!!!
July - Our most chaotic month of 2009. I directed a week at Southridge Camp (yuppers at 8.5 months pregnant). Steve took a week to go on a fishing trip on the west coast and then he headed on a bike trip with a group of men from our Church to go to Vegas at the end of July. Oh yes, we celebrated our birthday's and moved to our "piece of heaven on earth" on July 18th. We were super excited to finally be out there!
August - Once Steve got back home from his bike trip on August 9, I banned him from going anywhere. We were anticipating the arrival of our baby and I was getting tired of being large. Although as I look back at our pictures - I didn't look that large and I did truly feel fantastic being pregnant! Our bundle of boy arrived on August 27 at 9:08 after a hard delivery. Ezra James weighed in at 8 pounds 7.5 ounces and was 22 inches long. He is our life :)
September - Quickload Adventures got into full swing. We were blessed by our family and friends hugely in September as I spent close to a month in the hospital from complications (more on that later). We had made the decision to house and feed the hunters (I know - insane!), so grateful for my mom who came and did the cooking and for Steve's mom who came and did the cleaning. Ezra and I finally came home from the hospital on September 22.
October - God called our amazing friend, Dale McCaw, home. We miss him! And as time continues to go by I miss him more. Ezra missed out on knowing one of the greatest men to walk on this earth! We have a picture of Dale in the nursery and I plan on letting Ezra realize how just wonderful and special his "Uncle Dale" was.
November - Steve tried to get the "big buck" but had no success. We had a follow up appointment with our specialist in Edmonton and was informed that another surgery will need to take place on me :( (Again, more on this later).
December - Christmas! We had a wonderful holiday season surrounded by so many family and friends! We are blessed by a healthy son (and also blessed that he will go to bed wherever!), we are blessed by a beautiful home, we are blessed by a strong marriage that is standing together, and we are blessed by the fact that God shows his face to us in many different ways. We are also blessed by the many doctor's in Edmonton that are continuing to "work" on me to get me to the ultimate health that we are longing for.
As I finish writing this, 2009 was a whirl wind for us! It had to many highs and yet so many lows, but we are excited about 2010.
Happy New Year our family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment