Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cake Pops

Veronika and I had our first attempt at Cake Pops (check out www.bakerella.com).
Grace and Orest Pelech are doing a fundraiser tomorrow night to help with the journey on becoming missionaries in Africa, and since we have hunters still, we are donating 4 dessert for the auction.  One of them will be cake pops!  

They are actually very simple to make....

The Ingredients.  
Yummy!!!!
Veronika making the "pops".  I saw on Mels Sweet Treats that she used an icecream scoop
so that they would be the same size - I thought that was super smart so we followed suit!!!  
Waiting for the freezer...check out my cookbook in the background....Bakerella's!!!
Melting the chocolate - actually the hardest part if you could believe.....
We had issues getting the right consistency.  
You cannot skip the styrofoam block!
Woot, woot!!! They turned out!! 
I had to try one!  "Oh, SO GOOD!!!"
Our final masterpieces!!!
Can't wait to try making a "critter or something" next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment