Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ezra Turned 2!

I LOVE planning parties!  All kind of parties!  But once Ezra came along, I realized that I even more love planning kids birthday parties!  This year we decided to have a John Deere themed party.  We celebrated this past Sunday with close to 50 of our closest family and friends.  It was a fantastic day!  God blessed us with beautiful weather, which was a great thing since I'm not sure where I would have put everyone in our home if the weather was crummy!  

Lots of hard work went into the party and one of the highlights was the mini horse wagon rides.  It was surprise to most people and everyone enjoyed their rides :)  Thanks to Mr. McDonald for providing the rides!  

The cake was made by Carmen Orbeck at Ernie's Coffee house in Lloydminster.  I made the cupcakes, whoopie pies, mini cheesecakes, and cake pops.  For supper we had haystacks (sliced potatoe chips, chili, and cheese), and fresh vegetables from Ezra's garden (okay, not his garden...more compliments of Denise Inge and Trinity Farms!).  We all ate very well!

Ezra was hugely blessed with cards and gifts by those that love him!  So many toys that I've put many away in the closet and will slowly bring them out in the next few months...after all hunting season is coming!  We need new toys to keep him occupied throughout the next few months!  

Steve and I, Steve's parents and my parents, all went in together and got Ezra a John Deere gator for his birthday.  He loves it!  It will be exciting to watch him next summer on it, as hopefully he'll be able to steer and won't need me constantly telling him to push the pedal down and steering for him :) 

Here are just a sampling of pictures from our fun day!  It was super hard to pick out of 180 pictures.  






I'm sure there is at least one person that wants to know how to make these :)
Here's the blog where I found them: Mini Cheesecake Recipe




























The following picture are Ezra's friends from Church.  With the exception of Zeke (second from right), all the boys were born within one month of each other).  Such a fun, crazy time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment