We decided to head up to Edmonton on Wednesday afternoon and spend some quality one on one time with Ezra. We are so thankful for our good friends, the Willis' who willingly accepted Ryder into their home for 24 hours (cold and teething of all - he's a BAD TEETHER!), so that we could have this time with Ezra. We checked into Fantasyland Hotel - to the delight of Ezra we checked into the Truck Theme Room!. Once we checked in, we quickly grabbed our swimsuits and headed down to the Waterpark to catch the last hour of swim fun. Ezra had such a great time in the kiddie pool area going up and down the slide...and I loved that area as the water was warm! Steve also had the opportunity to "enjoy" one of the new watersides.....his response when he was finished "WOW, that was a RIDE!".
We are realizing how important it is to still spend one on one time with each child. We were reminded of this during our time with Ezra. He was such a patient, fun, loving, kind little boy. Not that he's not like this all the time - he is, but he also adds in: winey, crying, pouting, and fighting with his brother. It was so nice to have just him, to compliment him, to pour love upon him, spend time with him, and to realize how much he is growing up! When we woke up Thursday morning, Steve headed off to an appointment and Ezra and I headed down to McDonalds for some breakfast. Once we were done breakfast, we spent a bit more time in the hotel room and then headed to do some shopping.
I told Steve that I was going to buy Ezra some jeans. I have only ever bought Ezra jeans at Baby Gap - not because I'm that kind of mom - but because it's the only place that has skinny and long enough jeans to fit his skinny long frame. I've always known that Baby Gap was a weakness for me...they have super cute boy stuff. But yesterday, when we headed in there.....I tried to keep the blinders on...but just somehow my right eye was able to sneak a peak and WHAMMY I was sucked over to the little girl side. I'm pretty certain that Ezra was bored, since he came up to me many times asking if I was done.
So in conclusion, we learned the following during our time in Edmonton:
1) It is very important to spend one on one time with each child
2) The water park is super cool when you take your child and see things at their level.
3) Ezra will ask repeatedly to go back swimming...even at 7:15am!
4) Always check to see if you can open windows in the hotel room so that you aren't roasting while trying to sleep
5) Our bank account will always have looked better after going to Baby Gap when little boys were only involved. Now, well, the picture below I'm sure explains things....
ps. After our time at Baby Gap and showing Steve my many purchases...I realized that our baby girl is very equipped with many dresses. Apparently, I need to start looking for pant and shirt outfits. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment