Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pre-Mother's Day Treat!

My dad called me one day saying that he felt that mom didn't have "life" in her step...which I completely agreed with!  She is an amazing mom, grandma and woman who is constantly putting others before herself.  It had felt like if she didn't have grandchildren around her, that she was dealing with calving or normal farming spring activities.  Mom needed a break and dad wanted me to come up with something (and keep it a surprise!).  I LOVE surprises and I even more love them when they involve mom because she HATES not knowing what is going on.  

Nikki and I booked the three of us into a full day at the local spa - facials, massages, pedicures, manicures, lunch, make up, and hair.  It was a glorious and relaxing time.  We then planned to take her shopping (which she doesn't enjoy!) and then out to The Root (a local, very cool, restaurant!) for supper and open mic time.  

Nikki arranged to have mom come in to watch her kids...LIE!  I was waiting for mom to arrive at Nikki's and once she did, we just told her to get in the vehicle....she sooo had no idea :)  It was great and drove her crazy!  We didn't tell her anything about the whole day...each step was another surprise.  

I'm so glad that we were able to be part of mom's day off....a completely free day where I got spoiled as well - my dad is the best!  



No comments:

Post a Comment