So I'm sure that you all know that I love to plan fairly "extreme" (that's what Steve calls it anyhow) birthday parties for my children. I'm afraid that Ryder got the shaft a bit (compared to Ezra's 1st birthday party anyhow), but we still had a great time celebrating his first year of life and anticipating all that the second will entail.
We celebrated Ryder's 1st birthday one day early since Steve was off, June 5.
Our original plan was to have the party at Steve's parents place in their backyard....but the weather did not at all cooperate for us, so the morning of the party, we moved it to the gym at our Church. The kids had a great time playing with the balls and everything.
I decided to do a Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat theme party for Ryder. The invite I found on Etsy - it was perfect!
Lots of the printables that you will see where also from Etsy....I love Etsy!
The favours were marshmallows dipped in red and white chocolate (made from a local lady in Lloyd) so that they looked like The Cat in The Hat's hat! The colour scheme was Cat in the Hat blue and red. The cake was made by a super talented woman in Lloyd, Carmen from Ernie's Coffee House! I will continue to use her - she is awesome! I made the cupcakes to look like Thing 1 and Thing 2's hair....it works, but you have to put the cotton candy on at the last minute as it will melt the cotton candy.
It was my dad's birthday on June 5 as well...hence the Thing 1 and Thing 2 characters on the cake.
And for supper we had KFC (it worked out awesome that the party fell on $2.99 Tuesday...cheap supper!)
| Ryder had a fit when I took the cake away to get it cut! :) |
Present time - Ryder was so blessed!
| Ezra and his best bud, Zeke |
| Ryder got 2 sets of TOMS shoes...He is way more fashionable than me! I so badly want a pair of TOMS - my youngest son has beat me to it. |
| Ezra and Ryder with their great-grandmpa Oliver |
Our family of five!










No comments:
Post a Comment