We are so very fortunate to be part of an AMAZING small group! Steve and I (and along with our good friends the Willis') branched off from our previous small group this past fall and started up a new one....the Heatley's and Bygrove's joined us. It was a year filled with many laughs, some tears, much growth, and multiple get togethers with our families. We concluded our small group year with a family bbq back in early July.
Our four families equals: 8 adults and 11 children = many, many blessings.
We are so very fortunate to have an amazing photographer in our small group...I cannot take credit for these photo's....Kristen is amazing! We can't wait for her to come out of retirement (aka...her children enter into school full time)...so that she can get back to taking our family photo's....cuz as we can tell, she takes AMAZING PHOTO'S!!!
Here are some pictures of our crazy fun BBQ.
THE WILLIS CREW
Troy, Falon, Hannah, Hayley, Isabelle
What did I learn about the Willis crew this year...not much more since I already knew that they were an amazing family. Our relationship with the Willis's grew throughout the year and we call them our very close friends (they actually have moved just 5 miles away from us now :) ).
THE BYGROVE CREW
Travis, Rachelle, Corb, Levi, Nate
We didn't really know that Bygrove's well, but I am so glad that they have joined our small group. Rachelle is such a beautiful woman and she reminds me to be a calm mom just as she is with her three very busy boys. Someone once told me, to never lose your sense of humour (this after Ryder came along)...Rachelle, is a true reminder of that. And Travis, well I've known Travis for many years via the Exhibition (and by the word known, I say it loosely....more I just knew of him)....however, one would not think that this cowboy boot, belt buckle, wrangler wearing, cowboy hat, cowboy would be a LARGE hockey fan. He fit right in to our group of hockey loving men. And he has this dry sense of humour that we enjoy each night!
THE PARKINSON CREW
Steve, Correna, Ezra, Ryder & Mckenzie
THE HEATLEY CREW
Shawn, Kristen, Caleb and Hannah
Something that I learned about the Heatley family this past year: Shawn cracks me up! He is so super funny. Kristen has this amazing heart and is an amazing mom...I strive to be a mom like her!
Thank you Kristen for using your talents to capture our memories that night.
It was such a fun evening and I can't wait to do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment