Sunday, December 30, 2012

31 Years Later....

31 years ago a family friend of my parents, Mrs Nelson, knitted me a beautiful yellow sweater when I was born (with a matching bonnet) and my Auntie Judy purchased me an adorable yellow dress to match.  When I outgrew it, my mom placed the sweater, bonnet, and dress into her wooden chest incase someday I had a little girl and wanted to put it on my little girl.  Note: my mom actually pulled it out of the chest a few years ago and has been displaying it on a procelian doll that she made :)  

Forward 31 years later and Mckenzie arrived!  So of course, over came the dress, bonnet, and sweater.  I had forgotten about it as Mckenzie was to little for it for quite a while and then I was like "ack, I bet she is now to big for me!!!!".  But my luck - she wasn't!  She may not get many wears out of it, but she has at least gotten one.  The bonnet was to small though.....the headpiece was done by Angela Olsen who goes to our Church, her company name is Pixie Dust Couture.  Let me know if you would like her contact info.  






No comments:

Post a Comment