Saturday, February 23, 2013

Take Me Out To The Hockey Game!

We were so lucky last week to be able to take Ezra to his first NHL hockey game.  I made the mistake :) of telling him that we were taking him in the morning...poor kid was soooo excited that he had such a crazy hard time even napping.  Once we were on the road, he lasted until Kitscoty and then it was EVERY 5 minutes asking "when are we at hockey game?"  

We were also supper lucky to get some fantastic seats from Truck Zone which allowed us access to the Club Lower Lounge.  It is here that you can watch the teams go on and off the ice.  And if you are lucky, you just might have a chance of getting pretty darn close to them!  

We weren't sure how Ezra's attention span would hold out...he did really well in the first period - I was thankful for the Lower Lounge access for the second period to let him loose and then back to the third period he did really well again.  

Once we were done at the hockey game, we headed to a hotel for the night where Ezra and his dad had a sleepover (apparently I was infringing on boy night :) ), so they slept in one bed and I had a bed all to myself - glorious!  Now if I can just get Steve to stop the snoring :) 


Waiting for the Oilers to head onto the ice for warm up.


Standing in front of the Oiler's dressing room doors.



When Ezra and I came down just before the 1st period ended, he was super excited to see little hockey players.  Now, I hear "mom, I want to play hockey".  Oh boy....this journey hopefully does not begin :)


Game Time!






The next two photo's were taken by Ezra - my budding photographer!  
Pretty impressed!



Watching the team come off the ice after the 2nd period.



These pictures show you just HOW CLOSE EZRA was able to get!














The next morning, we went and had breakfast at one of my favourite breakfast restaurants (Cora - you have to try it!), and then my two boys very patiently waited while I did some quick shopping.  Once operation shop was complete, we headed on home.  It truly was a refreshing 24 hours spending some one on one time with Ezra.  

Working hard at colouring while waiting for our meal to come at Cora



Another photo taken by Ezra


No comments:

Post a Comment