I know that I have said it many times that I truly believe that my kids have the best dad in the world, and no, I'm not delusional - I realize that we all think our husbands are the best dad, but when Steve comes home after a crazy long day at work and is truly exhausted and I know the only thing he wants to do is sit on the couch with the tip of his fingers tucked into the top of his pants watching one of the many hockey games on the go only to fall asleep within minutes of sitting down. The people, selflessly puts that desire aside and is an amazing dad. He is a better parent than me. He will climb up onto the top bunk with Ezra, pen in hand, and they have their time. SOLELY, 100% THEIR TIME. I am not complaining about this...because their time is something that I don't want to participate in (view pictures and you will understand why) :)....but it's moments like this that I love capturing and watching. It's moments like this that Steve has this amazing connection with the boys. The other night, in true fashion, exhausted Steve climbed up. And when I came up the stairs an hour later, this is what I found. Two out of three of my favourite boys...sound asleep with pen allllllllll over the place!
And for all of you that have access to The Calgary Herald - tune into that paper on Thursday, March 21st. Find an article written by our friend, Shannon Sutherland Smith and you will see a picture of an exhausted dad and a sound asleep 3 year old both of them covered all over with pen!




No comments:
Post a Comment