We celebrated Mckenzie's birthday with 40ish of our closest friends and family. I decided to keep things simple (yes, I know you are laughing) and went just with a dessert and beverages party. It was sooooo nice not to have to worry about a meal! The other best part of it was, the table was ready to go and I could visit and greet the guests as they arrived - this was a first for me...normally I am busy getting the food ready while people arrive. This worked way better!
I call Mckenzie "Sunshine" as a nickname (my parents do the same to me!)...so when it came time to choose a theme I knew that I needed to go with a sunshine theme and use pink and yellow as the colour scheme. I served cupcakes, cakes, cookies, cake pops, and fruit. Beverages were raspberry punch and lemonade. It was a great feast!
The cakes were made by a good teenage friend of ours, Cara Mccaw. She did a great job on getting the look that I was longing for. It was so nice to have Mckenzie's cakes be made by someone that she knows and loves.
The picture on the left is the cake that guests were able to enjoy. The cake on the right is a little cake for Mckenzie to smash.
I put labels on all of the water bottles. The mason jars to the right of the water was my splurge for the party. I have been looking everywhere for the lids and couldn't believe it when I walked into a cute little shop here in Lloyd and found the perfect amount - 24!!!! The lids are universal for any size of mason jar (except for the really large jars of course) - so I bought them, headed to the grocery store to buy the mason jars, and I had previously picked up the straws. It was perfect! I look forward to using these cute little cups over and over and over!
I got the favour idea off of the internet (that and we actually made one during one of our Cre8 weekends. I filled them with pink and yellow jelleybeans. As well, when mom and dad were in New York the other week, they picked up some pink and white personalized m&m's (some said "Sunshine", "Steve's Sunshine", "Correna's Sunshine" and other's had a picture of the sun). So in they got tossed as well. The little jars turned out awesome!
Now that we are done with the details...here are the pictures of the fun that we had!
| Praying a blessing on Mckenzie |
| The best stink eye ever! She was so not impressed for some reason!!! |
![]() |
| The boys were trying to blow out the sparkler |
| Mckenzie with her little cake smash cake. |
Gift Time - such a "I have zero interest in this part mom" time when you are 1 :)
| A special gift from her Auntie Sarah - the one that Mckenzie was named after. |
![]() |
| For those of you that know Sarah - she made the sock monkey. I know - CRAZY - she is crafty!!! Never would have thought that when she was a teenager!!! |
Time to Play Mom!
Mckenzie was tuckered out and tired at the end!
Happy Birthday Mckenzie.
You truly are our Little Miss Sunshine!
We are blessed to call you our daughter.














No comments:
Post a Comment