Saturday, January 24, 2015

Christmas 2014

Due to my back surgery being scheduled for December 24, Christmas arrived earlier for us this year.   So "Christmas Eve" was on December 22nd and "Christmas Day" was on December 23rd.  As much as I can say that Christmas can be anyway, it still didn't seem the same - however, we made the best of it and the kids didn't seem to mind - which is what counts right?!  

On Christmas Eve we celebrated with my parents and my brother Morgan and his family.  We enjoyed a turkey supper together, present time and then the kids finished the evening off with a movie.  Unfortunately I was having a large scale pain night and ended up leaving the party right after the gifts were done (I remember thinking how glad I was going to be once my surgery had taken place!).  I felt like a failure as we didn't do lots of the Christmas Eve "activities" (cookies for Santa, sprinkling of Reindeer Food, games, etc)....when I woke up later that evening just as everyone had left, I went down to tuck Ezra in and was crying while apologizing .... I'll always remember him grabbing my hand, looking at me and saying "mom, it's okay, we still had fun".  He's so wise for his 5 years.  










"Christmas Morning" Bob and Jan arrived to celebrate with us.  It's always fun to see everyones reactions when they see all the presents...once again this year did not disappoint.  Although, I'm not sure how the memo of "cut back" always seems to get missed!  :)




Ezra got to open the Christmas story book


Reading of the Christmas story


Present Time


















Stocking Time
(note: my mom made the stockings....I've always wanted stockings for our place and I was finally able to convince her to make some things year - they turned out perfect and just what I was wanting!)








And then it was Ham time...




Because we were in Saskatoon for my surgery, Jule and the kids split their time over the Christmas break with both sides of our family.  They spend most of their time with my parents with the exception of Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day - which they headed over to Peter and Tammy's house.  I will be forever grateful for Peter and Tammy for making sure that our children had a great Christmas.  They poured love upon our kids and didn't hesitate to say "we will have them" when they found out that I would be in the hospital through Christmas.  Our children love their cousins and it was a great few days for them!  







Indeed it was a great Christmas.  We received one of the best Christmas gifts this year with my back surgery, but even more that we all have great health.  I am so thankful for my family and my friends who have prayed for us and helped us throughout this Christmas season.  

Merry Christmas 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment