Friday, January 23, 2015

Kids Christmas Party 2014

The the past number of years we have hosted a kids christmas party and this one was by far my most favourite yet.  Everything seemed to run smoothly, kids had a blast, and I was relaxed.  We changed things up some and made it a "Breakfast with Santa" theme that also had Mrs Claus come.  I do really, really hope that this Santa and Mrs Claus are able to make our party a yearly event - they were A++++++ Awesome at it.  


There was over 500 pictures taken that morning - don't worry, I'm not posting all of them.  Here is just a sampling of ones of our children and a few others that I really liked.  


Izzy chatting it up with Santa



When the families arrived, Santa and Mrs Claus greeted them at the door.  They were able to start with the various craft stations we had set up (different crafts and also a colouring area)...this seemed to work really well as a buffer welcome item! 








Once breakfast was complete, we gathered everyone downstairs where Mrs Claus read a Christmas bible story, we sang happy birthday to Jesus, Santa told a few jokes, and then we did the ornament exchange.  




Once the ornament exchange was complete, Santa handed our gift bags to each child.  In past years I have purchased gifts for each kid, but as our party keeps growing and everyone get's older it was getting harder to buy plus expensive.  I was really happy with the direction of gift bags.  Each bag was filled with pencils, erasers, stickers, crayons,  note pads, toy cars (boys), play dough (girls), and lip balm (girls).  The kids loved them!  




I love this picture - a picture of happiness!



The boys and some of their friends: 

Jack (friend from dance) and Ryder


Ezra with his friend Jake (play school friend)


Ezra with Kaylee (left) and Ella (right).  I will not be surprised if Ella ends up being Ezra's first girlfriend some day.  Boy of these girls are real sweethearts with awesome moms!  



And my right hand woman and the only way I can pull these parties off - Falon.  She executes the craft area and I handle the rest.  NO WAY could I do this if I didn't have her.  And yup, we have matching leggings - cuz that is just how we roll!  ps...I really am looking forward to the day where I don't look exhausted!  


No comments:

Post a Comment