Ezra turned 6 on August 27 and I wonder where the years have gone. They just seemed to have flown by! Ezra requested an army themed birthday party this year, so I delivered. I also utilized Jule largely and told her she was responsible for the games :). Too bad I will have to do it next year, she was great and super creative with the scavenger hunt.
All set up for the party!
I made the cupcakes and decorated them myself - yeah, I know...impressive. Cutbacks :)
Standing at ATTENTION!
First stop - face painting station. Jule told the kids that they had to become invisible.
Looking for the next clue.
This was hilarious. I can't even begin to type it and explain it but I know that if it was adults playing it would have been even more funny!
Target practice
Obstacle Course
The final clue.
I had a local bakery shop make the cake.
Present Time
For the family supper, I roasted half a pig on the smoker. It was delicious!
So much love around the table!
Today we celebrate our oldest, our firstborn, a son. Ezra is our fearful yet most compassionate, our too-mature-for-his-own-good yet the one that always has to be touching you, he is our tenderhearted, friend to all, best baby out of all, and a huge lover of Jesus. Ezra is wise beyond his years and today as he turns 6 I honestly feel as if it is 16. Time needs to slow down in some ways but we are excited to see who Ezra will become! You will do great things, Ezra...keep loving Jesus and He will continue to guide you!

No comments:
Post a Comment