For the last number of years we have hosted a Breakfast with Santa Family Christmas Party. It's something the the kids and other families (so it seems since I had four ask me if we were having it again this year lol) look forward to every year. And it really does put me into the Christmas spirit - I find that every year it gets better and better :). The kids gets to make the list of who they want to invite and the invites head out to those special friends. It is such a great time!
The guests of honour - Santa and Mrs Claus. And I've got to say, they were AWESOME. Santa was amazing this year - totally fit right in with the kids...it made Mrs Claus role very simple ;).
The arrival of Santa and Mrs Claus :)
Pretty sure Mrs Claus loves Mckenzie :)
Oh you know, just a casual conversation with Santa...no big deal :)
We set up various "stations" throughout the house for everyone go to to: Cookie Decorating, Colouring, Crafts, and of course Breakfast. I ask that every one rotate around as no station can handle the 70+ people that we have been having each year.
| Someone ate their cookie before breakfast...the perk of mom and dad being busy running the party! |
My mom is the calm in storm at the cookie decorating table. It is nuts at this table and she handles it like a pro every single year. I couldn't run it without her seriously. I should also make note that my bestie, Jessica made the cookies for me - THANK YOU!!!!
Apparently this picture was taken just before an intense game of tag happened between the boys and Santa...can you imagine how HOT it had to have been in the suit playing tag downstairs! That's a true Santa.
One of my highlights this year was watching the dads all pitch in at the kitchen. When we first started this party it mostly consisted of Church friends. Over years this has grown to include (and almost outnumber) school friends. With this is the uncertainty of willing to jump in where needed. And the dads all did. I didn't ask, Steve didn't ask, everyone just walked in and assumed a role.
And then there was Santa being freaking fantastic at doing what Santa should do - loving kids :)
Meanwhile, Mrs Claus is starting to cozy up with another fellow ;)
The take home table!
Once the disorganized chaos wraps up we begin phase 2 - I call it the structured chaos ;).
Story time with Mrs Claus, Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus, Ornament Exchange, and goodie bags handed out from Santa and Mrs Claus.
Every year I say this....
But we couldn't pull this event off with out help!
So thank you to:
Jessica for the cookies
My mom for rocking the cookie decorating station
The dads for all helping cook or serve breakfast
Ken Swyripa for being Santa
Amanda Block for being Mrs Claus
and my faithful best friend who oversees the craft room with her incredible talent!
Until next year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment