Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Colonial Days Fun 2018

Our kids love going to the fair.   They talked about this day for weeks prior and due to weather we were consistently putting off when we would go which had the kids worried that we wouldn't be going.  But a promise is a promise and thankfully the rain stopped and went away.  However, this would be the first year that we've gone to the fair wearing toques and multiple shirts.  I even had a vest on but took that off last minute as I felt I looked a little too winter ;) with it on.  It was a windy, chilly day but the kids had a blast.  

Mckenzie and Ryder have zero fear.  ZERO FEAR.  We had to drag Ezra onto the Drop of Doom crying, but the other two went on it multiple times.  Ezra was bribed to go on the zipper and Ryder cried/mad when he was declared to short.  My parents came along for the afternoon/evening as well, which was such a treat because I wasn't doing rides this year and Steve doesn't do the spinning rides so the kids always had an adult to ride with.  Honestly, I think that dad just enjoys being a kid at heart - and our kids bring that out in him lol.  

The kids rode and rode and rode rides; we enjoyed fresh baked pie, fair food and deep fried jello; watched the fireworks, visited the horses, and finally arrived home at 12:30.  Such a great day!  

First ride was the Drop of Doom.  


After the drop! 


Then on to the Tilt A Whirl






Bumper Cars









If that's not a look of adoration, I'm not sure what is! 


Totally fine with missing out on the ferris wheel - the one ride that I do NOT like! 



Drop of Doom again! 




After the drop.



Fun with Animals


Fireworks



No comments:

Post a Comment