February began wonderfully!
We found out on February 3 that the kids were headed back to school - thank you Jesus! They were supposed to go back January 4 but thanks to covid and government decisions they spent the last month doing school from home, which was not well enjoyed from anyone in our home! I am so thankful that I'm back to making weekly muffins for lunches as a result and I won't ever complain about it again lol.
Our Church in Cambridge hosted their Family Extravagant night online and Mckenzie's name was drawn to win a family pizza party! Woot, woot! I was so thankful this meant that I got a night off of cooking - yippee!

With the kids back to school February 8, the animals resumed their positions in the office while I put in full-time hours at my desk.
We had a delightful Saturday on February 13 spending time outside racing (and as a result fixing RC trucks) and Catherine came out and spent the evening with us. She came bearing gifts for the kids which resulted in three adults trying to successfully do the paper art for Mckenzie - we failed and gave up haha!
Valentine's Day 2024.
Meats from Browndale Farms just north of Paris.
White Hot Chocolate and flowers
Heart smash filled with lots of goodness.
Catherine also gifted us with some amazing chocolate strawberries!

We finished Valentine's Day off with fondue supper. Carl and Bonnie were able to join us and it was such a treat to enjoy with them our three course fondue. The kids LOVE fondue.

February 16 we received 4 - 6 inches of snow. Which was just the first large dump of snow we've seen in Ontario this winter. Plows were out cleaning the roads and Steve was able to still get to work. However, school divisions declared it a snow day and the school was closed (crazy isn't that!). The kids had the option to do online school but I had a very busy work day ahead of me, so I let them know that they could take an official snow day. I recall my conversation was similar to "watch tv, play video games, it doesn't matter to me. I'll feed you lunch but other than that, please don't bother me. Oh and you HAVE to shovel the driveway and empty the dishwasher and walk the dog". It was a joint effort on the driveway (it was very heavy wet snow) and the neighbour boy came over and tried to help as well. It was a lot of snow!
We've taken a lesson from Auntie Nikki and the kids take turns cooking suppers. Ryder decided on his night to do fish taco's just like when he was at the lake with Roberge's this past summer. Such a treat for all of us!
After the Church being closed with Lockdown 2.0 for 8 weeks, we were SO EXCITED to be back in the seats on February 21st.
All decked out for beach day at school!
Our yearly tradition is after dance competitions we can the hair. With the unfortunate realization that we wouldn't be having dance competitions, I caved at the pleading to cut her hair short. It is so much nicer now and we don't have the daily morning fights over tangles. It does suit her but I do miss the fact that I won't be seeing her up on a stage this year.
Special visitors at the end of the month for a week. I am so thankful that we were able to spend time with my parents! It's always such a treat to have them here and dad is such a big help getting small projects down around the house for us!
















No comments:
Post a Comment