My mom and I took Ezra and Ryder to the parade this year. I was at Camp last year, so this was Ezra's first parade and I wasn't sure how he would react to everything. He LOVED IT!!! In his everyday jibber he squealed and "talked" through it all and especially when the horses, trucks, and tractors went by. And in the hour of the parade, he ate more suckers than he has ever enjoyed!
It was a beautiful morning for a parade. Overcast (only spit on us for a few minutes) - the largest bonus of the overcast...it wasn't HOT!
I figured that I would probably have to confine Ezra to the stroller - I was being the paranoid mom who imagined that it would be her son that would be running out infront of the horses and vehicles and not listening to me (yes! He chooses not to listen to me at times!). My mom had brought a little stool for him to sit on and I REALLY didn't want him to sit on it. But Grandma won out (I didn't put up a public fuss about it!) and Ezra did wonderful! Sat on that little stool and got off it to very CAREFULLY walked to the edge of the sidewalk to pick up candy off the street (I didn't have to tell him to be careful - he just was!).
It will be exciting to watch him next year, as I'm sure that he will remember what it's all about and what he is supposed to do. Next year, I will have to confine Ryder :)
Ezra - 23 months (basically)
Ryder - 5 weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment