We were scheduled for our c-section at 9:30am on June 20. Steve and I arrived at the hospital at 8:00am and were super excited. We changed into our scrub gear and waited and waited and waited. At 9:00am we were informed that we were being bumped due to an emergency c-section. So we waited some more. Soon after, we met Dr. Griffiths and were informed that Dr. Brown would not be able to make our c-section because of the bump. This was something that would normally stress me right out since I am very particular now which doctor cuts into me! But we were immediately happy with Dr. Griffiths and were comfortable with her performing the section. Around 11:00, a student resident came and got us and we began the exciting walk to the OR room...however, just as we would turn right into that super important door....a nurse came rushing out and said to put us into a recovery bed...so we turned left instead. A STAT c-section came flying in...there was a bunch of yelling for help and it seemed within seconds that we could hear a baby crying (everyone ended up healthy and okay afterwards!). It was at the moment that I put my own anxiousness and "I just want to hold my daughter" thoughts to the side and began to pray for these families that for some reason were having difficulty delivering...we had a healthy baby, so to continue waiting was something that we could continue to do.
At 1:00, I was moved into the OR room and they began the process of getting me prepped. Once I had the epidural in, Steve was brought in shortly afterwards and within minutes, I felt the incredible pressure of the doctor's pushing on my chest....I remember saying "here we go!". And then I heard her CRY! It was the most beautiful cry and I started to cry as well. We had our daughter and she was perfect!
| This was at the start of our waiting period :) My hubby rocks the scrub look! |
My first look at our beautiful daughter!
Family and friends...meet Mckenzie Sarah Parkinson, weighing in at 7 pounds 5 ounces and just under 20 inches long. A perfect little bundle of sunshine in our home!
| Dr Griffiths and Mckenzie |
I'm real big on names having meaning, so when we were deciding on names...she needed to have a name that was strong, beautiful and would represent everything that she was and would become.
When we came across Mckenzie, we both fell in love with it...I even more with the meaning. The middle name Sarah is from my best friend. We can only hope and pray that Mckenzie has the characteristics and personality of Sarah - if she even has a fraction of it, our daughter is going to be an amazing person!
So what does Mckenzie Sarah mean:
A child of a wise person, a princess.
And that she is! A Princess!
No comments:
Post a Comment