Saturday, September 1, 2012

Babylon VBS 2012

Ever had one of those moments where you just want to hit that pause (or perhaps even STOP) button and freeze time.  I had one of those just last week.  I had enrolled Ezra in a local VBS at the Living Faith Church at the end of August.  It was technically for 3+ year old and since Ezra turned 3 two days after it had finished, they let me put him in. 

I totally didn't think it would be hard to drop him off.  I kinda figured he wouldn't be happy with me about it, but I for sure thought my heart would be okay.  Nope!  Not at all!  I had a hard time leaving him the first day and on the second day when he told me that he didn't want to go and cried, I said to Steve...well maybe next year.  At which Steve informed me that our son is not a quitter and he will go every day.  

And he did!  And he did great!  The last three days when I picked him up, he said "mom, I no cried!"...to which I thought..."yeah, but I did!".  My first born child, is growing up way to fast!

Here are a few pictures of his time at VBS.  I apologize for the colour....just couldn't get the camera to ignore all the red in the Church :)


Ezra was in the Levi group.  

Waiting patiently for everything to start.   

Just about all that were at the VBS 
His class of 3 & 4 year old's
Ezra with his leader: Mrs Djuan Verrigan and her son.
Ezra took quite a liking to her son and as long as he was there, Ezra was okay :) 

Probably a good thing that we got the whole "mom is leaving me/my little boy is growing up" out of the way, especially since Preschool starts in 2 weeks.  Man....grab me some kleenex boxes!



No comments:

Post a Comment