Saturday, November 3, 2012

Mckenzie First Cre8 Retreat

A friend of mine, Leah Vidal, and I head up the Cre8 ministry at our Church, which is a ministry where ladies can get together and be creative...aka...getting our craft on.  Most of the ladies that come are scrapbookers but we also have had ladies working on embroidery, cross stitch and quilting, and photographers working on photo's.  

We had our fall retreat on October 19 - 21 at Southridge Bible Camp.  Mckenzie came along and did really well....she had a lot of fun - spoiled by many of the ladies who wanted to hold her :)




We had a contest run the weekend...everyone was encouraged to submit a project that they were working on...from there each person voted for their favourite...Norma is receiving her prize as she received 12 out of the 16 votes...a coffee cup, different teas from David's Tea, a year devotional and a journal.  Congrats Norma!


And pictures of all the ladies that joined us for the weekend:




And meet Major Sally!  


The story behind Major Sally is...

Friday night (11pm) when I was in the main house with mom and Mckenzie getting Mckenzie ready for bed, mom and I could all of a sudden hear a very loud strange noise.  We checked outside and couldn't see anything, so I dismissed it for just a few minutes until we started to hear it again (mom thought it was an older kitten and I thought it was an owl).  When I left the house to head back to the Oasis to keep scrapbooking, I took a drive towards the playing field.  Long story short is that I came across Major Sally who was very wet and cold and skinny.  She had obviously been abandoned by her mom.  I took her back up to the Oasis where we warmed her up and gave her something to drink.  By Saturday morning, she had been fully adopted by all of us and was walking around the Oasis like she owned the place.  She has now found a permanent home with the Fisher family and the vet estimates that she is around 5 weeks old (at that time...now 7 weeks old).  Isn't she CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment