Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jan Turns 70!

We celebrated Jan (Steve's mom) turning 70 on November 28 at Mr. Bill's.  It was a great evening with wonderful food surrounded by family (Peter, Tammy & kids, Steve, myself & kids, my mom, and Bob & Jan).  

Ryder enjoying the gravy with his fries: 



Mr Bill's makes AWESOME virgin Pina Colada's!





For her gift this year, we sent out many, many letters, emails, and facebook messages to many family and friends to help fill a box with "70 years of Memories" for Jan.  I got the idea off of Pinterest (I cannot take credit for this great idea!!!!) and figured that it would be something that Jan would cherish since she is a writer herself.  We actually got over 70 years of memories...so thank you to many of you that sent us your memories of Jan to help fill the envelopes.  It was a great gift and one that she has commented on many times since!



I am so very lucky to have a mother inlaw like Jan.  She is such a kind hearted, caring and thoughtful woman that many people are blessed by.  I know that I certainly am!   

No comments:

Post a Comment