Friday, May 24, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Growing up (and once I was able), I always wanted my mom to know how loved she was on Mother's Day.  I felt that it was my duty because I wasn't sure how much my dad or my brother would celebrate this important day.  This Mother's Day, I realized how thankful I am that I have Mckenzie to carry on that tradition :)  Not because Steve wasn't any good at it - he made me feel loved - but I do think that unless the man has a little bit of "woman" in him, or he truly understands how to make a mom feel extraordinary special on a specific day (cue, Matt Kaminski I'm sure :) ), than you need a daughter to fill those roles.  

Mother's Day this year, started off with me going to Church with Ryder and Mckenzie.  And Church ended with Ryder sleeping in my arms - pretty special on Mother's Day.


Then we headed to Bob and Jan's for a family lunch where Ezra and Steve met up with us.  It was nice not to have to cook lunch - thanks Jan and Tammy for figuring out the meal :)


Once we got home later that afternoon and after having some snacks for supper, we went for a walk as a family.  The only request that I had was that we take pictures - and by that more I was requesting that I be in the pictures :)  



Our family picture

And then ladies EAT YOUR HEART OUT :)  My husband delivered!  A beautiful bouquet of flowers and a great book by one of my favourite shows - Duck Hunters.  Steve said that he thought a book made more sense than a card because a card would be tossed...a book would not :)  

Sigh...a happy heart - and he claims that he does not have a romantic bone in his body! 


No comments:

Post a Comment