A local couple that we know adopted a cutie patootie little boy, Jacob, from Ethiopa. We have been watching from afar as they anticipated the arrival of Jacob and now as Heidi and Jay are evolving as parents. It's so different to watch someone carry their baby for 9 months compared to watching someone anticipate a phone call that says their world has changed. Adoption has always been something that Steve and I have talked about (and still consider), so I have enjoyed watching this process for Heidi and Jay. The Rivercourse/McLaughlin community hosted a baby shower for Heidi and Jacob so mom, Mckenzie and I headed off to the hall to help celebrate the arrival of Jacob and the love that is surrounding him and his family as they have become a family of 3.
Mckenzie and Jacob are just a few weeks apart in age...it was fun to watch them interact with each other. I'm sure Mckenzie was thinking - you are D.I.R.T.Y! :) He is so cute!
Must be something about putting things into your mouth at 11 months old!
Funny times!
Jacob gave Mckenzie a hug all on his own - she wasn't sure what to think of it!
Jacob with his momma. He sure does adore her!
Mckenzie getting some lovin' from Grandma.









No comments:
Post a Comment