Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A little bit of September and October..

I realize that I haven't blogged in just about a month - I apologize! - the blog police woman (aka Sarah) has been after me but I honestly find that September and October zip by fast with outfitting season and once we are done that I shift gears into party planning Halloween mode.  

Here are some pictures though of September and October to give you a snippet of what we have been up to.  


Mckenzie has had teeth galore coming through = lots of snuggles.  
During most of the outfitting season the boys would end up in our bed....its a much easier way to keep them quiet so as to not wake our hunting clients.  
We celebrated the kids cousins' birthdays one evening.   

This is what happens when you leave the middle terror alone with his little sister and pay zero attention to what is going on.  
My beautiful outfitting employees!  Debbie (middle) was our morning cleaner/childcare helper/whatever I need.  Liz (right) was our evening chef.  I am blessed by both of these ladies.  

Steve and I slipped away immediately following the end of hunting season for a much needed reconnecting break.  I'm pretty sure we will make this an annual tradition.  So good for our souls, minds, and marriage.  Thanks to my parents for being rock stars and taking our kids for the weekend for us.  

We headed to Jasper and stayed at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.  It was a full weekend of ZERO planning...a few walks, many naps, and just some good rest and relaxation.  


We enjoyed one fancy meal out while in Jasper - soooo yummy and our view was great!  





We celebrated Thanksgiving one week early (we didn't have any hunters)...our families were able to join us, our Quickload workers joined us and our good friends Fred and Bruce joined as well.  



I NEVER would have thought that my macho husband would have such a soft spot for a little dog.  But boy, oh boy, does Diamond have her wrapped around her little paw! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment