Steve had to make a trip up to Edmonton to deliver something the other morning, so when the system looks something like this:
Steve + Day OFF + in Edmonton Already = wife saying Family Fun Day in Edmonton!
So we woke the kids at 6:15am (ridiculously early!) and headed off. I had packed their clothes and breakfast for the road, so we literally pulled them from their beds and into the vehicle. Once we arrived in Edmonton, I changed them into their clothes. They had no idea what we had in store for the day. I'm sure as they get older, I will even more enjoy these surprise days! And yes, I was one of those crazy moms that pulled out my camera at each area.
First Stop: Cora's for brunch. YUMMY, YUMMY, CORA'S! If you haven't ever eaten there - trust me, you are totally missing out. The best breakfasts ever!
From there we stopped at Toys R Us - I didn't take any pictures there but I wish I would have. Want to see Steve act like a kid in a candy store or want to see him droll like a puppy looking at a freshly cooked roast. Yup - take him to Toys R Us and leave him in the lego area. Oh Man - so FUNNY!
Once I was able to pull all three boys (I mean two boys and one dad) away from the Lego we headed to Galaxyland for some fun on the rides. This too will get better with time. Fun was had by all - but Ryder had a very hard time understanding that he couldn't go on the rides that Ezra could. We made up for it with the multiple ambulance rides.
This literally is what Mckenzie did the whole time! Walk around carrying her blanket and sippy cup. I was soooo grossed out at the end with how dirty that blanket was, but there was no way she would give it up!
Mckenzie and Ezra watching Steve on the big rollercoaster. Mckenzie laughed the whole time, Ezra pointed to Steve the whole time, and Ryder, well, he cried the whole time thinking something would happen to his dad.
Steve took the kids in the Hurricane Simulator. Mckenzie hated it!
The ambulance I was talking about - he was in his GLORY!
Once the kids started to meltdown (and mom and dad had had enough!), we loaded up and headed to Costco (yeah, I know - not a family thing but it was needed). I'm happy to report that all three children slept most of the way home. AND I washed that pink blanket before Mckenzie went to bed :)
It was such a treat to spend a day as a family. We are blessed to be able to do fun days such as this!




No comments:
Post a Comment