Friday, March 14, 2014

Really Should Check the iPhone!

Here I was thinking the last few weeks that I hadn't taken many pictures.  I completely knew that we had been busy but I didn't have any pictures to show of it.  Until I download the iPhone.  So bear with me on the long post of 36 pictures - here is our busy lives for the past few weeks!  

Ezra had a play date with 3 of his friends...such a GREAT group of boys!  The four boys went to preschool together last year and Ben and Jake are both with Ezra this year.  It was a loud and noisy day but I loved having the noise in my home....I hope when our boys are teenagers that we have a house full of friends then as well.  As one of my more "senior" friends said "It's better to have a house full of teenagers than a quiet one.....if it's noisy it means that your kids are home...and you know the kind of friends they have!".   Something that I will always remember!  



It's been awhile since Mckenzie has fallen asleep in my lap....not going to lie - LOVED IT - and I sat for a long time enjoying it!  


Never a dull moment in the bathtub!


Steve's nightly ritual continues with all three kids now!  


The boys were thrilled to be able to have a visit with one of their favourite people...Taylor.  Taylor was our nanny during out last Outfitting Season and nothing warms my heart more than to watch someone pour love like she does upon our own children.  


Ezra had a specialist appointment in Edmonton so we headed on up to Edmonton the night before, for some Ezra & mom solo time.  After a very restful sleep in the hotel room, we had breakfast at Cora's (Ezra says they make his favourite blueberry pancakes), went and bought him a booster seat (he was THRILLED with this purchase!), hearing test at the specialist's, watching the Canada verses US Olympic Hockey Game (while waiting for the specialist....so thankful they had it going in the waiting room!), a Costco stop, and then home!  We had a great time!  







Steve and I sneaked away for a few days to Edmonton for some much needed catching up.  I always enjoy when we get away for a long weekend....it's nice to connect, sleep, visit, eat hot food, and not worry about anything.  Again, I have to give a shout out to my MOM who doesn't hesitate to take our kids when I ask.  I realize how blessed we are because we have many friends that don't have the opportunity to have a getaway because of the lack of family.  Something that we won't ever take for granted!  

It was a fun few days: 

West Side Story at the Jubilee 


Breakfast at Cora's (are we noticing a trend!)


Being a good wife, our first stop was Cabelas.  Nothing makes my hubby more relaxed and happy than guns.....well, yes one other thing does (R rated idea :) )....but this is a very close second! 


After Cabelas and lunch, we somehow ended up at a Chevrolet dealership to have a look at their new suburbans....


And ended up trading in my suburban for a Traverse 
(yes, not sure how the heck that happened...we go in looking for the newer suburbans to see the differences - without the intention of buying anything - and end up downsizing for a Traverse).  I have only had one freakout "what the heck have we done!" - but past that - I LOVE my new vehicle.  It is so easy to get around in it!  And I have been very pleasantly surprised how much I can fit in the back even though it seats 7!  


Ryder finally received his finished Christmas gift from Grandma Farm.  He's super happy with his CARS quilt.  She has such talent!  


Mckenzie was NOT sleeping well one night.  Upon bringing her into our bed at 2:00am - she rolled to her side and went right to sleep.  Must have needed her daddy!


More bath time fun!


A final picture for Grandma and Grandpa Farm before they headed to Mexico on a holiday.  


I took the boys and Izzy Willis to the Mickey Mouse Roadshow.  This is NOT the picture of us after the show - this is on the way to the show and it was only 10:00am!  All three sound asleep! We all enjoyed the show - well worth our money!   







Instead of "Where's Waldo".... "Where's Ezra"!



Sleeping beauty!  Hair in the face drives me bonkers!  


Swimming Friday!


These silly hats that I found at a trade show in Lloyd - I didn't buy one since I can't keep a hat on her even with bribery of chocolate...but they were super cute!  


By this time of age, the boys were weaned of their soothers.  Mckenzie has been seemingly more attached then they ever were, so I haven't tackled this idea yet.  What makes it even more scary is she is all about 2 soothers in the mouth at the same time, plus carrying two around in her hands now.  Sigh. What battle more....potty train Ryder or soother toss Mckenzie.  Neither sound real appealing to me!  


No comments:

Post a Comment