Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Blessing Filled Weekend

The weekend after we returned from Regina, I attended our scrapbooking weekend at the Church.  This also happened to be the morning of Kenda Mark's bridal shower....we have poured a lot of love and time into Kenda and Andrew as they were going through their teen/young adult years and we are so very excited to be part of their next stage of life.  Mckenzie, Ryder and Ezra are in the wedding party  - pretty much they will be the cutest things ever :)

Cupcake dress made by Andrew's grandma.  


The beautiful bride!


I'm fairly competitive and just happened to win both shower games.  Jess helped me out with the first win so I shared my prizes with her.  


Following the weekend I headed up to Edmonton to spend the day with another Bible College bestie, Andrea - her and her family drove up from Seattle so I was super excited when she contacted me hoping that we could have a day together.  We spent some time shopping and then headed to Louisiana Purchase for supper.  For those of you that are avid Food Network watchers (like me :) ), Louisiana Purchase starred in "You've Gotta Eat Here" in one episode.  I remembered that the Alligator appetizer was one of the items featured, so we took the plunge!  Tastes just like a mix of chicken and pork.  





SO.MUCH.FOOD
on the plate!



What a blessing she is to me!  We reminisced about the past, dreamed about our futures, counselled each other being a mommy and a wife, and laughed a huge amount.  I love this quirky girl so very much!  


As we were about back out of the parking stall, a gentlemen came out of the restaurant and flagged us down.  He had heard us commenting on how much we had enjoyed our meal and how glad we were that we had decided to stop and eat here.  It was one of the owners and we got free t-shirts out of the deal.  We giggled like little school girls after that....totally made our night :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment