Thursday, June 26, 2014

Regina Bound

I have acknowledged on many occasions in June just how busy we have been.  From May Long Weekend we have literally been off and running!  In 6 weeks we have had 2 weekends at Camp, one trip to Regina, one holiday to Ontario, celebrated 4 birthdays, scrapbooked one weekend, and attended one wedding!  Busy, busy, busy.  I suppose I didn't realize just how busy we had been until I went to update the blog and realized that it had been over a month...A MONTH.  Sorry!  So here we go on an adventure of a month :)

Following May Long Weekend the kids and I (Steve was off to a stag for the weekend) headed off to Regina to spend a long weekend with a Bible College Bestie and her cute family.

First stop, Grandma and Grandpa Farm's for lunch and burn some energy before the drive to Saskatoon.    


On the Road


And the drive was soooooooo super excited they all lasted a total of 5 minutes awake :) 



First stop in Saskatoon was the Bouchard family to meet the latest (and CUTE) addition - Heidi (sorry, no pics of her....she slept the whole time basically!).  But Elsa, super sweet Elsa - who is about 5 months younger than Mckenzie - I have always said that she gives Mckenzie a run for her money in the cute department...and she still does!  We had such a splendid visit and a great supper (Thanks Nic!).  And I love, love, LOVE their new home!  


That evening, the kids and I stayed at the Sheraton in Saskatoon downtown.  I must have looked slightly frazzled with my entourage as they gave me the Regal Manor (two story room) at a fabulous reduced rate at 40%.  It's not really meant for children, but we put Mckenzie in the play pen on the main level, and they brought a cot in for the boys on the upper level in the bedroom (yes, I was being selfish and wasn't willing (nor wanting) to share my bed with them).  

Catching some last minute tv before sleepy sleep.  


The next morning, we hit up the Forestry Farm and Zoo in the am.  It was a ridiculously hot morning so we finished the time off with some Popsicles!  
















While in Regina, we stayed with Kendra's parents in their beautiful brand new home.  Best part for the kids was the grass and sprinklers!  



We also got to meet Brad and Kendra's newest addition William.  He is a beast!  And ridiculously cute! 


And we also got to hang out with their super fun, James (who is just a few weeks younger than Mckenzie).  It was busy times! 


Got me some baby snuggles!


The kids slept HARD!


I have been blessed with some great Bible College friends.  It's those kinds of friends that remain forever - I so appreciated the chance to catch up with Kendra and to talk faith, love, family, friends.  We can be so real with each other and I appreciate her so very much!  


No comments:

Post a Comment