Last week, we as a family, decended upon Southridge Bible Camp to volunteer for a week. Steve was a counselor for Mustang cabin, I led the worship and was photographer, and the three kids were camp staff children (which they filled that duty very well!).
It was a trying week, a long week, an exhausting week. BUT it was also a rejuvenating week, a blessed week, and a growing (spiritually, mentally and emotionally) week. We had a blast! I am so grateful for our children that they love to be up at Camp and that our Church has this fantastic camp that we are able to be part of. I look forward to our children all attending in a few years!
Singing silly songs before supper. Steve does an incredible Auntie Monica.
Heading to Campfire
So thankful for the two gators to help transport children and equipment.
Game Time
The male counselors were very competitive. I never realized that JP and Greg were die hard winners ;)
His smile brings me such joy!
Canoeing Time
It was Lincoln's first time canoeing. He is 8 months old.
Spa Activities
Beach Time
Decorating Cookies
Campfire
Boating
Yes, he is asleep
On Steve's birthday, we put Steve, Mark and JP on the tube. I won't lie, I took great joy seeing them fall off :)
Mckenzie caved at the beach and slept for just about 3 hours.
Again, that smile brings me much joy.
We were soooo proud of Ezra - we figured he would cry right away when water was poured on him and the flour was dumped on him. He did not at all. Was a complete trooper through the Wet'n'Wild obstacle course.
Game Time
My mom brought up Cooper and Sawyer for an afternoon. Sadly, it was not a nice afternoon at the beach, we lasted about a 1/2 hour.
Tuck Time - the kids highlights!
Face Painting
On the final evening, they got to watch a movie in the chapel.
Steve's cabin of boys (plus two adopted staff kids)
The GREAT group of Intermediate Camp!















No comments:
Post a Comment