It is hard to believe that our kind hearted, smart, handsome, funny little boy turned 5 at the end of August. He requested a superhero lego themed birthday party until 2 weeks prior to the party - he then wanted a ninja party....Ninja will be on year 6 ;).
We had a couple of different parties. I always wondered when we would get to the stage of at least two parties...5 sounded like a great number!
Party #1: Friend Birthday Party
Many of Ezra's preschool friends and Church friends came to celebrate Ezra in an afternoon. We started off by decorating superhero's. I purchased the figures at Michaels, the boys decorated them, and then we hot glue gunned a felt cape on the back. I can't take the credit....pinterest :)
After craft time and some free play time, we headed outside for a superhero obstacle course.
Prepping and explaining the final game. I saw this on the internet and wasn't sure how it would go - but it was GREAT! I gave each boy a can of silly string (aka spideyweb). I explained that the police had called and that there was a robber on our land and we needed to find him and capture him for the police.
On the run trying to find the robber.
Cake Time
This boy just warms my heart.
Present Time
Such a great group of boys!
Party #2: Family Party Time
The "extra" person in our blog is Jule. Jule has joined our family for a year from Germany and we are super excited to have her with our family. It's like she has always been here!
We finished the evening off after the family party doing what Ezra loves to do the most - LEGO!
On Ezra's actual birthday (August 27), we headed to the petting zoo with his best friend, Zeke.
Mckenzie was the only one brave enough to touch the turtle...this girl seriously has zero fear!
bahahaha...probably one of my favourite pictures from this trip.
These two have such love for each other!































No comments:
Post a Comment