Okay, so I have wanted to go to the Minot Christmas Craft Fair since I was a teenager. Every year, November would come and there was always something that prevented me from going. But this year, with Jule present in our family, I knew that I would be able to go. And my back was NOT stopping me. It's a trip that I've also always wanted to do with my mom. I love my mom! I love going on trips with her - we have soooo much fun! And I was thrilled that this year it worked for both of our schedules!
I drove to Regina on my own and mom flew from Edmonton to Regina. Because mom didn't get in till later, I was able to catch up with my beautiful friend, Kendra. Her heart is gold! It was such a treat to be able to catch up and visit that evening.
Off for the drive from Regina to Minot, North Dakota. And yes, if this is just now clicking in your head, we drove all the way to Minot, North Dakota, for a Craft Fair. And I will do it again :)
One of my favourite booths! See that pink owl in the background. I bought that. And then forgot it in the booth. :( It was pretty epic, and then an epic fail on the memory front!
I even found something for Steve (and yes, it came home - I remembered it!)
SO . MUCH . FUN .
First night at the hotel at 3:00am the fire alarm went off. We discovered how well my medications knocked me out during the evening as I was slow moving. No worries though - everything was all good!
Some more treats - I loved this - and totally would have bought it if I could I figured out where I was going to put it!
Out for supper with this beautiful momma!
Our bags after we hit the mall shopping :)
My favourite memory: We were in a clothing store shopping for some clothes for mom (thanks dad for allowing us to empty your bank account :) ), I had pulled a comfy chair up by the change room and the ladies just kept bringing clothes and it was totally all "Pretty Woman" with my nodding my head or saying Yuck! :). We were having a blast and one of the sales ladies said (and I will always remember this!) "One can sure tell that you two have lots of fun together and sure do love each other". It's a sentence I will always remember because it is true. My mom is the best and I sure hope that someday Mckenzie and I have the same relationship!
Our vehicle when we left Minot….
On the drive home...
In Saskatoon - all dressed up in our new attire - look at those stylin' moms!
Our vehicle post Costco…oh Costco - you are always hard on the money front!
Can't wait until Minot 2015!











No comments:
Post a Comment