Thursday, May 21, 2015

Camp Work Weekend 2015

This past May long weekend, we headed up to the annual Camp Work Weekend at Southridge Camp. This is always a highlight for us as a family!  The kids love camping and being outdoors so it's a good time had by all.   Steve is the head of facilities and he had a lot of great ideas planned for the weekend.  The largest project was ripping out the old Oasis deck and replacing it with a new (bigger and better) deck.  Other projects included painting the Oasis, replacing the door on King Fisher, building new benches for the campfire, putting the dock and barge into the lake, and general cleaning and clean up.  It was a busy weekend - but many hands make fast work.  

The starting of the deck removal and the moving of the bell.  







It didn't take long for the deck to be gone!  


We served lunch on Saturday in the craft shack on Saturday because of the painting in the Oasis. 


If I ever needed to know where I kids were, I just had to look for Lauren or Janel, or check the dock :)



Introducing our new pastor - Orly - he's unique ;)  (and one of our good friends!)


Young and old hard at work - Ken Hastings is so great with kids - he will be a fabulous grandpa some day! - loves to have kids work with him! 






All terrain vehicles of all sizes....Ryder got told that he drives like his dad - all while spinning his tires trying to get going ;)


It was a moment.  




Ryder and his friend, Silas. 


Peter and Tammy and family (Steve's brother) have been attending Southridge since Christmas....it is so nice to have them at the same Church as us - I love it!  It was also a pile of fun having them up at Camp with us as well!  This may be one of my new favourite pictures of these two, brothers, working alongside each other.  I am blessed by this Parkinson family! 


Jule even got in on the action and build on more friendships....I barely saw her - she had too much fun :)


Supper served picnic style! 



Our home for the weekend - I love LOVE our camper!  


Until next weekend!  


No comments:

Post a Comment