Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Another Next Step

This was a day that I was dreading.  I wasn't at all prepared for this day.  Mckenzie starting Preschool.  Funny how with the boys, I was all good (actually, pretty excited!) for them to start Preschool.  But not this tiny bundle of me.  

Maybe it was the fact that she was thrilled to be a big girl and going to school just like her brothers.  Maybe it was the fact that she said goodbye to me even before we had pulled into the parking lot.  
Maybe it was the fact that she clung onto my finger as I walked her to her classroom and I thought "she doesn't want me to leave".
But really
It was the fact that when the teacher came over to show her some toys, she let go, grabbed that fantastic lady's hand, walked away, and suddenly turned over her shoulder with a big smile and said "bye mom!".  

And yes....I cried.  

Being the final baby to go to school it was a proud realization that we have raised three very confident children.  Confident that they will seize any new opportunity with a smile.  And that she did.  

Sugar and Spice, and Everything Nice.
Wishes and Dreams, She's More Than She Seems.  
Sippin' Tea and Playing' Ball, She picks Herself Up After a Fall.
Make Believe and Play Pretend, Her Imagination Has No End.
Strong and Brave and Sweet and Smart,
Describing Her, That's Just the Start.
Embrace Yourself and Watch out World, for this Amazing Little Girl.  





No comments:

Post a Comment