Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Las Vegas, Baby!

Mom and I headed to Vegas the last week of April for a week vacation filled with many shows/concerts, lots of shopping, tons of walking, and many laughs.  I always enjoy vacations with my mom and hope someday that Mckenzie and I will get to continue this "tradition".  

Why Vegas?!  Well, because of George Strait.  That in itself it's a good reason :).  I've always wanted to see him in concert and when he announced that he was coming out of retirement to do a few shows in Vegas, it wasn't even an option - we were going!  

On our way to Edmonton


The day we arrived into Vegas was also the night of the George's concert.  We walked for an hour for supper (not at all realizing the restaurant was that far away!), which was super exciting for me as we got to experience our first Uber experience getting to the arena...huge fan of Uber's I am now!  Didn't feel nearly as greasy as a cab at all :).  


We have arrived :)


Okay, so this picture doesn't at all do it justice, but we were pleasantly surprised by how great our seats were.  We don't look close...but we were fairly close.  Much better than what we expected! 


And then he came!  And sang for two hours long.  This man who is 64 years old sang for 2 hours long!  It was great!  





The next day we headed off to find mom some quilt shops and me a scrapbook store - lol - yes, we went to quilt shops and a scrapbook store while in Vegas :).  



That night, we got some fantastic seats for Pentatonix :).  Yup - you read that right.  I found out they were playing and told mom...she hadn't heard of them so I showed her a you tube video of them....her  reply was "yes, let's go they are like the nylons!".  :)  She didn't date herself at all with that comment ;).  


We booked a scooter tour at the Red Rock Canyon.  This was one of my favourite days.  It is so beautiful!  One of those times that you just stand in awe at God's creativeness!  I also want a scooter now when we move into town...I'm a pro :)









The "bowl shape" to the right of the centre tip....it takes three days to climb that thing.
Apparently hikers sleep in hammocks on the side of it through the night.  



Another bucket list we wanted to check off was me seeing the Grand Canyon.  This was my largest disappointment in our trip.  And not due to the Grand Canyon....but due to the rain at the Grand Canyon.  The Grand Canyon is really meant to be viewed via helicopter and boat without rain.  Due to the cold (and it was Canada cold!) and rain, we only had a 20 minute helicopter ride and that was it.  Had we realized it was pouring rain at the canyon we would have gone a different day....so for now it remains on my bucket list.  








Another show we went to was Blue Man Group.  Oh my.  So FUNNY!  Glad mom convinced me to go to this show!  I can't wait to take Steve someday!  



We headed off to a restaurant that Scott and Tannis recommended (we actually did two restaurants they suggested, but I didn't take a picture at the first one).  This place was called Lawry's and it had amazing prime rib!  The other thing that completely intrigued me was the table side service...never experienced that and what a treat it was!  


We headed off to KA (a cirque d' soleil) show....amazing!  I could have watched it over and over again!  I am now 100% confident that gymnasts are the strongest people ever.  


Time on the strip! 



Our final night was a very special supper to me.  I had waited all week for this restaurant.  Some people dream of a expensive purses but I dream of eating at a world renowned chef restaurant.  And I was able to check that off my bucket list.  We headed off to Steak by Gordon Ramsay and it was just as I expected.  Great.  Great.  Great!  


I'm such a foodie!  When I made a reservation, I requested that we be beside the kitchen and we were.  Simple things apparently get me excited because watching that kitchen work like an ant hill and being so fast yet top notch was great.  The only better thing would have been if Ramsay himself would have been there!  




We finished our evening off with dessert from Carlo's Bakery.  


It was a great trip, but it was also nice to get back to Canadian Ground and back into windy Edmonton.  





No comments:

Post a Comment