Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside Baby Shower

Baby It's Cold Outside!  That was the theme of Brooklyn's (refresher: she's the daughter of my bestie Jessica - born November 13) baby shower.  I have been planning this shower in my head since I found out Jon and Jess were expecting.  
All I needed to know was if it would be pink accents or blue accents :)  

Angela Olsen is a mutual friend of ours and wicked good at decorating.  She was able to take my vision, run with it, and create the most beautiful and intimate baby shower.  So much fun!  

Decorations & food:











Beautiful Brooklyn Lara Enns


We started the shower off with a scripture verse and welcome.  



Jody provided some fun and "not typical" baby shower games.  I totally put Jody out of her comfort zone on having to come up with games, and she did awesome when I asked for the "not typical" games.  




Jess is very passionate about worship, so we incorporated in 3 worship songs as well as a special music number by Kathryn.  


Denise Block (one of the most admired mother of girls of mine) provided words of wisdom for raising girls.  


Lanaya read some scripture verse and also prayed a blessing over Jess and Brooklyn.




And then we visited - also one of Jess' favourite activities :) - and Jess opened tons of gifts...TONS...it was overwhelming!!!  
I love how Kristen (she did the pictures for me) was able to capture the true fun of the evening!  











What a blessing Jess is to me and I am so glad that I was able to bless her and Brooklyn with a fun evening just for them.  We have prayed lots for this baby girl!  









No comments:

Post a Comment