I will start off with the not so fun part of December - the FLU. It was terrible. Nasty. Disgusting. Knocked us out as a family for 8 days. You know it's truly bad when Steve calls in sick to work AND takes medicine. For Ezra, Steve, and I it was a cold - I've never had a cold like that - you didn't even want your eyes to be open it hurt so bad. Ryder and Mckenzie were hit with the puking flu. All at the same time. I'm a big enough baby when I have a cold....let alone when it's the worse I have ever experience and my whole family is sick at the same time. Brutal. Lots of Disney TV happened that week. We were very thankful that it happened near the beginning of December so that it didn't affect our many Christmas parties or concerts that we were hosting/attending.
Now - let's get all positive and move onto the FUN of December!
Some nice weather and the most amount of snow that we have had in December for a long time (winter is going to feel sooooo long!) resulted in Ezra heading outside and eventually doing a face plant while sledding. He came in all smiles!
Mckenzie loves cake pops - I do to as they aren't nearly the mess as cupcakes are!
Boxing Day brought a new tradition - breakfast at Mcdonalds! Mommy is tired of cooking by then!
Boxing Day also brought crafts from Auntie Falon & Uncle Troy!
It also brought me realizing that we needed to purge all the clothes that Mckenzie had outgrown. What you see if newborn to 12 months. Yes, our large table full plus 3 tubs of clothing. I was able to sell 3/4 of it and the rest was donated to the Olive Tree in town for their store. A slight shopping problem for our little girl I have!
Setting up my new toys! Super excited and thrilled about this - now just need another desk to work on since these take up one!
Ezra is crazy about dinosaurs right now - he got lots of models for Steve him to build.
New Years Eve saw Steve and I head out on the town. So thankful for my mom who offered to watch our kids for us! It is a blessing! We started the evening off with supper at KC Steakhouse (it was also Steve's company's Christmas party). From there we headed to our good friends, the Flemings to ring in the New Year. 2:30am we were finally home. Soooo glad we didn't have the wake up call of our children at 7:00am :)
And just when we all thought Mckenzie couldn't get any cuter...she finally fits the PUMA shoes I found for her at a garage sale for $10. YEA - BRAND NEW PUMA'S for $10!!!!! I make Hannah and Sarah proud at times :)
Sweet, teeny, tiny Lincoln Weins arrived shortly after Boxing Day...weighing in just over 5 pounds. We have been praying for Mr Lincoln for a very long time as he thought he should try to make his arrival at 23 weeks.....so glad he stayed put till 35 weeks! And he's healthy as can be!
Some hanging out with my three lovies!
Mckenzie's facial expressions are getting better each day. She loves being goofy and showing off to everyone! I'm sure she's learning from her brother as Ryder is just as talented in the facial expression department. Mind her hair - she would not keep her pigtails in so it was a "Mckenzie does her own hair day"!
I am now helping out with the Olive Tree in a tangible way that I can. It's hard for me to go down and feed the people that come due to the kids, so instead I am able to do the cooking for two Friday's each month instead. It is a blessing to serve others! Last Friday, I cooked up turkey pot pie - they served close to 40 of Lloydminster's homeless and less fortunate....everyone had full and warm tummy's by the end!
Oh yes, and FINALLY sandals fit! Now, to convince Steve that a warm holiday has to happen - Peter and Tammy...hopefully we are coming!!!!!
Sunday, saw our Church have a kids story time prior to them being dismissed upstairs for Wee Worship....our Church is all about breaking the rules and building warriors for Christ!
The only way you can be cool in this house is if you put your sister's sunglasses on while watching tv.
The kids and I headed out Tuesday night after Awanas for some frozen yogurt - it's been awhile. We love frozen yogurt! Got to get the last drop!!! :)






















No comments:
Post a Comment