Monday, February 10, 2014

Annnnndddddddd She's Another Year Older

We celebrated mom's birthday in a typical fashion when we get together - ice cream cake (okay - that parts not the typical fashion) and Canasta (that's the typical part!).  What you have to know is that it has been a very long time since mom and I have beat Steve and dad....but I just had a feeling that it was mom's lucky night.  And luck we had - we won :)  Okay, so now that I have posted how proud I am that we finally beat the boys!!!!  Moving on :)

Our kids are blessed by my parents.  I could go on and on and on and on and on about how fabulous my mom is with my kids.  But with two words I can sum it up:

THE BEST!

She truly is.  The kids love, love, LOVE going to Grandma Farms.  They love Grandma Farm coming over.  LOVE.  

And you know the saying that you often here that being a grandparent is better than being a parent (which doesn't surprise me because this grandma will feed my kids chocolate cake for breakfast and I can guarantee you that I NEVER got chocolate cake for breakfast!)....

But you know what else, I, as a parent can say:

My mom is a better grandma than she was a mom (which says a lot because she was a pretty fabulous mom).  






No comments:

Post a Comment