Friday, June 27, 2014

Ryder Turns 3!!!

Wow!  Where has the time gone?!  As Steve and I sat and blew up balloons on June 5, I reflected back on life 3 years ago.  How I knew that I needed to be up at 4:00am to get ready to head to the hospital the next morning, but that sleep evaded me.  How on the 5th, I took time doing my make up and hair knowing full well that there would be zero pushing involved with this baby and I wanted pictures to look nice this time around.  How I was totally at peace and not at all nervous as they wheeled me into the operating room.  And how excited I was to see that beautiful face.  The beautiful RED face.  How Ryder came out screaming mad and stayed that way for 10 long hard months.  And how today, he is our child that is the most tender, most loving, most kind, and most spiritually aware at such a young age.  I am confident that Ryder is going to impact many many people and that he will be a very strong warrior for Jesus!  

Birthday balloons hung so that when he opened his door the balloons spilled into his room...my mom thought he would freak out - totally didn't....just a huge smile on his face! 


Birthday lunch request (which ended up being no surprise to me)....macaroni and cheese and blueberries.  


We left for Family Camp the afternoon of Ryder's birthday.  As luck would have it, Ryder won a free birthday cake from Sobey's that day as well - so on our way out of town, we picked it up.  

That evening at the campfire, the entire Family Camp attendees sang happy birthday to Ryder (& Mason as it was his birthday as well).  Ryder felt pretty special :)








My mom was up at Camp as one of the cooks....the love that these two have for each other is something else!   Ryder sure loves his Grandma Farm and the feeling goes the other way as well!  My mom says she has no favourites...but I'm pretty sure that Ryder is a favouri........ :)





The Monday right after we returned from Family Camp, we held Ryder's Superman birthday party.  Always a fun time for me to plan my children's themed birthday parties.  This one went so well!  



Ryder was very specific with what food was to be served...cucumbers, chicken, noodles, cupcakes.  
I added in the salad for nutritional value and the cake, because let's be serious - no birthday is a birthday without a cake!




Games were: Spidey Tunnel Race, Super Race, and Hulk Smash










Cake Time!  

The cake was made my a local woman (Queen of Cakes).  It turned out exactly how I had hoped! 





My son is the BEST!  He was so super pumped that he blew the candles out!


Present Time!
The pictures don't even begin to do his reactions justice.  If you are ever by my dad you will have to ask to see the video (dad videoed most of it on his phone).  Ryder truly is the best! 








And in typical Ryder love - a photo booth.  The kid love it (and so does his momma to be honest!)


Possibly his future wife?!?!?! :)









Happy Birthday Superman!



The next morning, we sang happy birthday again.  Ezra was super sick the day of the party and was pretty bummed out that he didn't get to sing happy birthday, so out came the sparklers and cupcakes one more time.  Three days of celebrating this special man's day of birth.  He indeed is very special! 


No comments:

Post a Comment