Monday, July 28, 2014

July Phone Dump

Daisy Duke, you ain't got nothin' on this beauty


Just a week and a bit after these pictures were taken, Ryder was a ring bear for a wedding....and having to wear SHORTS.  I seriously was prepared to ground him to his room or else put bubble wrap around his body to try and save the skin.  


We have owned a trampoline for 2 years and it has never been put up.  It is like pulling teeth to get Steve to put it up!  Soooo....I called a local teen from the Church, paid him $100 and he came and put it up for me.  Best $100 I've spent in a while.  The kids love it!  AND the best part for me was watching our two little boys help Jonathan.  That in itself was worth the money :)


Found this on facebook and told Steve that we need to build this.  Wouldn't we be the coolest family around! 


Spent a day in town with friends.  Hit up the outdoor pool with Jess, Zeke and Brooklyn for a little bit.... 


And then headed off to Marble Slab for ice cream with the Fleming clan.


For my birthday, we headed out for supper and then ice cream at Marble Slab (are you seeing a habit being formed ;).  




Checked an item off of our bucket list by eating at one out of the five food trucks in Lloyd.  The best fish and chips at Border Eats hands down! 




Supper at our friends, The Wiens', one evening, resulted in our children playing in the pool with their clothes on....I didn't have enough change of clothes so two out of three remained naked while their clothes dried.  


Mckenzie had her dress fitting for her flower girl dress. 


We hosted a surprise farewell party for a family from Southridge that is moving from Lloydminster to Calgary.  Very few families impact us the way that the Smith's did.  They will be greatly missed so very much!  We had 93 people in attendance - so very thankful for a sunny evening!!!!



I went and spent the day at Manitou Bible Camp to see how they run their camp.  We love our Southridge Bible Camp, but each camp excels in areas and also has areas of improvement.  I learned much that day!  




Mom and I headed to the Vermilion Fair with the kids for a quick afternoon.  Learned our lesson this year we did:
1) Be there for a FULL DAY to avoid crying children when it is time to go
2) Buy wristbands for at least the fearless Ryder.







Mckenzie slept through it all



My birthday present arrived!  Steve doesn't do gifts so I gifted myself :)  Best birthday gift ever!  


Rich Kaminski built me a table for the kids craft closet.  Still some work to do in there but it fits perfect and already the mess is staying off my dining table! Happy Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment