Okay, so last month I told you to go watch the movie, American Sniper. Now I'm telling you to go buy the book. Now. I read it in 4 days. Incredible book about an incredible man. If you don't walk away being proud of the armed forces....well.....something wrong with you. It's a best seller book and box office breaking movie for a reason.
Waiting for school to start
And once you are done reading American Sniper, go buy Lone Survivor (watch the movie also!). With the exception of the Bible, I have not read two books that have impacted more than these two books have. Marcus Luttrell...this hero survived something that no person physically should be capable of surviving. Read his story in 3 days. I hope to meet him someday. He's a hero. Now added to my bucket list.
Speaking of hero's....a more local man....our dear friend Dale Macaw. Not on this earth to meet his first grandchild. Life just doesn't seem right some days. I remember when Ezra entered this world, Dale was the first visitor (except for grandpas and grandmas of course). I wanted to be the same. And I was (even beat grandma to it!). You can't stop the tears when you look at a precious bundle such as this and think how unfair it is that Dale isn't here to meet his grandson. Brett & Marissa Mccaw welcomed this handsome fellow, Hank Obediah. He has a great legacy to live on. Dale would be very proud!
And once I was done with Hank, I walked around the corner and met this beast of a little guy for the first time, Corbin Deck. He looks like he's a month old, but really he is only a week old. Apparently he felt like our winter was too much and he wanted to do some sun tanning for a while :)
Headed to my microdermabrasion treatment after seeing these babies. I've come to realize that God has only blessed us with one skin....so better take care of it. I love my monthly trips to the spa for my face :)
And once I was done at the spa, I headed to kindergarten to help out for the afternoon. It was computer time, library time, and then show n tell for Ezra. He was pretty pumped to have his mom around for the afternoon.
We celebrated at the end of the table, that great woman's birthday with a fondue supper. I'm not only blessed to call her mom, but friend.
Heading out to Disneyland. Ryder was so excited he told everyone #eventhejanitor. And PLUS seats, the best upgrade money spent! #willdothateverytime
Came home from Disneyland to a best friend that knows me to well, a container full of her delicious sugar cookies - just in time for Valentine's Day!
Out for a post Valentine's pre Anniversary supper. I love this guy!
Saw a herd of deer that got the boys pretty excited. There was a lot of "mom, let's shoot those deer" happening in the vehicle at that moment.
So nice to be home with Mckenzie - I missed her!
Went and watched my cousin's daughter, Sydney, play basketball. It's been many years since I have watched school basketball....my word....these girls rock for being Grade 7 - 9.
I gained some grey hairs during this game, PV tied the game with 32.2 seconds left. They did end up winning in overtime.
Sydney is #8 :)
Jule has been part of our family for 6 months. My heart already breaks for the kids when she goes home in 6 months. Not sure how we will function without her! Well, we will, but it sure is going to be very different!
After supper we did a spontaneous drive to town for ice-cream because, yes, that is how we roll.
My pretty accessories - right foot still isn't working properly....so a toe lift is required...which unfortunately can only be worn with runners....and we all know how much I love that kind of shoe (not!)
Happy February! I wonder what March will bring :)















No comments:
Post a Comment