Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Loon Lake 2015: Fun in the Sun!

We changed our lake time and location up this year and what it treat it was!  We headed to Loon Lake instead (bonus....just over an hour closer!) and spent two weeks there.  My cousins (Scott and Tannis) camp here along with half of McLaughlin and Paradise Valley.  We were confident that it would be a fun time!  And we weren't dissapointed.  My largest concern was the beach and water (especially since we have been hugely spoiled at Kimball for the past number of years!) and it exceeded my expecations.  We had a fabulous time!  

Nickerson's came over the night we arrived for a fun boat ride!  


I can't keep my kids out of the water.  Especially Ryder and Mckenzie.  They just head right on in!  








I enrolled all three kids into swimming lessons the first week we were there.  Their instructors were amazing.  Honestly, even amazing doesn't describe these two young ladies (15 years old!!!)....it was such fun to watch my kids learn more through them!  I will do it again next year for sure!  



I interrupt these "swimming lessons" pictures, to show that my dad isn't the only quack show out there that dresses like this at the beach....I say it with great love too dad! :)


Back to regular swimming lessons photos now...







Lunch at the beach each day!  



It wasn't cold at all, but the kids always wanted to warm up after swimming lessons while eating lunch, before they headed back in for their afternoon lessons.  




Evening walks and bike rides were enjoyed!  




One night Craig Gabrielson decided to try jumping on Bruce's pogo stick.  Always entertaining :)


Mini Golfing Fun....usually a more stressful event for me than anything else :), so I take pictures.  No point in trying to golf as well when trying to keep track of where three golf clubs are :) 







Nothing says Lake Time than Ice Cream Time :)

Ice Cream is a regular visitor for our family when we are at the lake! 


More Fun at the Beach! 






More Swimming Lesson Fun!  Yes, building sand castles with your swim instructor is a very important tool :)  









After many years of haitus on the kneeboard, I got back on it thanks to Scott and Tannis.  It was just as much fun as it always was!  Colby and I doubled up....which I wasn't sure what that would mean....


The twerp kept spraying me with water....and he thought it was the BEST THING EVER! :)


Here we are having a conversation...

Me: How do we stop?
Colby: Let go
Me: Won't a sink?
Colby: Yes, so unstrap yourself.

So I did...and then he complained that I did it in the grossest weediest spot in the whole lake.  HAHAHA  Payback!  


And once I was done....then Colby headed on his own to do some extreme knee boarding.  Oh to be young again and have young knees and back :)



Now you see him....


And now you don't :)



Jule tried wake boarding for the first time.  It took her a few tries but she has the hang of it now for sure!  



Her first time up!  Her smile was HUGE!


The kids love the Eazy-Ski.  We can hardly keep Mckenzie off of it!  



Campfire Fun






Fishing Fun.  

I am not a fan of fishing.  Couple that with three children fishing and I'd rather watch water boil.  Lol.  What a test of patience!  It finally got to a point, where we took Mckenzie's rod away, the hook off of Ryder's rod and I layed down on the seat with my feet up on the boat dash and read a book.  Once it was down to 1 child fishing, it was much calmer in the boat.  










Fish Fry Night

Thank goodness we are friends with Bruce and Joni Harbin and Scott and Tannis.  There wouldn't have been much of a fish fry with out two little fish....but add our two and their 20 and it was a delicious feast!  How'd we manage to join that....Steve helped fillet :)



Oh yes, look has mastered biking without training wheels!  This big guy right here!  So proud (and very thankful for Jule)!



Al manning the children's table.  Told them that he was a retired police officer so they better behave...worked like a charm :)


And then Joni had this fantastic idea to bring out "Catch Phrase".  Oh my gosh.  The best entertainment ever.  Watch Tannis is the next few photos :)





Colby was also very entertaining! 



I soo wish you could see his feet.  I had no idea what he was doing, but I wish I had videoed him....prancing around as if he was wearing heels :)  He thought his words were "high heels"  they were actually "High tops".  So much better!








Steve :)


Even time for some school work at the lake!  


Mom and Dad came up for the final night.  We were able to get mom and Lynda Harbin on the tube.  They spent more time giggling then anything else I'm certain! 


Our friends the Rainie's came up as well when we were able to get them a campsite right next to us.  We always enjoy our time with them and the girls really enjoyed the time out in the water as well!  






One last wakeboard (Jule) and kneeboard (Correna) time at Loon Lake until next year!  


Thanks for a fabulous time Loon Lake (and Scott & Tannis and Bruce  & Joni)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment