Friends of ours posted on Facebook that their daughters were going to be teaching private swimming lessons during the month of August. I am a HUGE advocate of private swimming lessons - I think your child becomes a much better swimmer due to private lessons. So I booked the kids in for two weeks of lessons and off we went. And the amount that they advanced in those two weeks was amazing. Mckenzie went from a slight fear of deep water (even when wearing a life jacket) to refusing to wear a life jacket in deep water and just swimming. Both Ezra and Ryder went from always wanting to be able to touch the bottom, to wanting to go down the waterslide without a life jacket. Mckenzie jumped off the diving board without a lifejacket and her brothers weren't willing to be outdone by her - so they did the same.
I tried to tell Ryder to not worry about his sister and to just jump :)
The boys did so well, but Mckenzie amazed us all with her ability to become a little fish. It was so much fun! Thanks to the Gabrielson girls for being amazing teachers and we can't wait to do this again next year!
I can't wait to see them in the water next summer!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome work Kids!!